Property Management word cloud, business concept


What are the rental payment standards?


How does this work?

The United States Department of Housing and Urban development (HUD) and the United States Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) award supportive housing vouchers to homeless veterans. This venture is a joint effort between HUD and VA to move veterans and families out of homelessness and into permanent housing.

As part of the program, clients in need must agree to participate in services tailored to meet their goals and are required to follow Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) and landlords tenant rules.

Applicants search for housing in the private rental market. If the landlord agrees to accept their vouchers, participants pay approximately 30% of their adjusted gross income to the landlord for rent. The balance of the contract rent is paid by the Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) or other funding sources directly to the property owner or management firm.

How to participate?

To rent units to voucher holders, landlords enter into a housing contract with the Housing Authority or other funding organization. Rental units that meet HUD housing quality standards and rent reasonableness criteria are likely to be considered eligible rental properties. The amount of rent subsidy is based upon the unit size, the community in which the unit is located, and the comparable market conditions.

Do you have customer service?

If you are interested in becoming one of our landlord partners (whether you have a unit available now or not), please Click Here. We’ll be happy to very briefly explain all about our efforts, the benefits to you and answer any questions you might have.